Well, ladies and gentlemen... a week in, and did I do it? Did I get everything on my list accomplished?
No.
Nothing like...
Your boss getting demoted, work drama, and having no idea what next year will be like because you will have a new boss with new demands, and your job may very well be a living hell... Thanks, Monday.
Your very first ear infection. Thanks, Wednesday.
And your husband out of the blue handing you his wedding ring, telling you he hasn't loved you or even liked you or been happy for a while, and leaving. Thanks, Tuesday.
And then he continues to show up randomly throughout the week just to play good guy daddy and leave again, and you tell him he has to choose either staying or leaving. And he chooses to leave. Not only me. But his daughter. The best thing in the entire world for him. On Father's Day. Thanks, Sunday.
Nothing like that to ruin all your plans for the week...
Missions for This Week:
1. Keep myself busy with friends.
2. Attend Common Core training... which I was looking forward to...and now am totally not in that frame of mind.
3. Attend marriage counseling...which he said he would come for. And now I'm not so sure.
4. Make not very ambitious or costly dinners but try to get in all those recipes I didn't get in last week.
5. Still need to do something about all that school stuff in my bedroom...
6. Survive.
7. Cry more...because I have to.
8. Laugh more...because I need to.
9. Say more profanity...because being angry keeps me from being dead on the inside.
10. Enjoy the 24/7 time I get with my daughter, because she keeps me alive, even when all we are doing is cuddling on the couch watching morning cartoons.
Anything else I get done will just be icing on the cake at this point. I'll try to recipe review later on... But for now, more than anything, I need sleep...
No comments:
Post a Comment